Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Selection by Kiera Cass - Book Review



















Title: The Selection 
Author: Kiera Cass 
Publication: April 24, 2012
Series: The Selection #1 
Format: Hardcover 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Summary:

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

My Summary:

This was an awesome read! The romance was really cute. Although, I do wish things sped up for America and Maxon.

- America
I really enjoyed America's character. She was herself throughout the selections. I was surprised on how the other girls that were selected could be so shallow. America didn't let any of the girls push her down, which happened quite a lot. I love she treated her maids unlike the other ladies.

- Aspen
I really liked Aspen's character in the beginning. He was cute, but when he ended it and wanted her back was just not right. He's the one that begged her to join the selection, if he didn't want to be with Maxon then he shouldn't have told her to go in.

- Maxon
Maxon was a sweet guy. He did irritate me at times but he was cute. I just didn't like the way he made all the girls think he was treating them the same. Doing the same thing with them all.

Overall, I loved this book. It was a cute and enjoyable read. The romance was spectacular and I am anxious to get the next book in my hands the next trip to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment