Thursday, July 31, 2014

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - Book Review


















Title: Lola and the Boy Next Door 
Author: Stephanie Perkins 
Publication: September 29, 2011 
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #2 
Format: Ebook 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥

Summary:

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

My Review:

This was an awesome book. I enjoyed Anna and the French Kiss much more but this was a nice add to the series. I am especially happy that they kept Anna and Etienne in the book. It was nice to see how their life continued. Back to Lola, I am still very impressed by Stephanie's writings. I am really excited to get to Isla and the Happy Ever After.  

- Lola
I really liked Lola's character. It's seems pretty cool that she has so many different costumes. I want to learn how to sew to upcycle clothes. I didn't understand why she stayed with Max for such a long time, I didn't like him at all.  

- Cricket  I loved Cricket's character. I loved him so much. I thought he was so much better than Max. I can only keep wishing that the guy I like will be across my window like them. That was just adorable.  

Overall, I know this wasn't a complete review, I am feeling a bit lazy but all I can really say was that this was a great book. I only gave this 4 stars because I just couldn't get over Max. But I am excited for the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment