Thursday, July 31, 2014

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen - Book Review



















Title: This Lullaby 
Author: Sarah Dessen 
Publication: March 8th, 2004 
Series: None. 
Format: Ebook 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥

Summary: 

When it comes to relationships, Remy doesn't mess around. After all, she's learned all there is to know from her mother, who's currently working on husband number five. But there's something about Dexter that seems to defy all of Remy's rules. He certainly doesn't seem like Mr. Right. For some reason, however, Remy just can't seem to shake him. Could it be that Remy's starting to understand what those love songs are all about?

My Review:

This was a cute book. I enjoyed reading it and thought it was very adorable. As usual, this was another favorite by Sarah Dessen. I have loved her books, two I did not like at all, but the others I have enjoyed so much. This was a great summer read and I am glad of how it ended. Normally, in this situation there might be a lot of corny endings but I thought this was as good as spaghetti. Weird similie, but I absolutely love spaghetti so that is saying a lot.  

- Remy
I would change a few things about Remy. She was too strict with things. I did not like, however, how fast everything went. Things happened at one point and then a second later there was something entirely different. I feel as though there wasn't so much explaining on it that I wanted. I am glad she might Dexter and changed a bit. It was nice to see her let loose a little.  

- Dexter
Dexter was a nice character. I wouldn't say he is my favorite male character that I have read so far, but he did have his perks. He knows how to live but was a little too irresponsible when it came down to living, he was just winging his life in my opinion. He knows how to fun and is pretty great at things.    

Overall, things went by in a blur, which I did not like. It wasn't memorable but it was a nice summer read. The things I did not like just brought one star down because I still really enjoyed the book. It is a fast read, so I might reread this if I ever don't have anything at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment