Sunday, September 14, 2014

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington - Book Review



















Title: Embrace 
Author: Jessica Shirvington 
Publication: March 6, 2012
Series: The Violet Eden Chapters #1  
Format: Ebook 
My Rating:  ♥♥♥♥

Summary:

It starts with a whisper: "It's time for you to know who you are..."

On her 17th birthday, everything will change for Violet Eden. The boy she loves will betray her. Her enemy will save her. She will have to decide just how much she's willing to sacrifice.
Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, EMBRACE is a compelling novel of good and evil, seductive desires and impossible choices. A centuries old war between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity chooses a new fighter. It's a battle Violet doesn't want, but she lives her life by two rules: don't run and don't quit. If angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden.
LINCOLN: He's been Violet's one anchor, her running partner and kickboxing trainer. Only he never told her he's Grigori--part human, part angel--and that he was training her for an ancient battle between Angels and Exiles.
PHOENIX: No one knows where his loyalties lie, yet he's the only one there to pick up the pieces and protect her after Lincoln's lies. In a world of dark and light, he is all shades of gray.
Two sides: Angel or Exile.
Two guys: Lincoln or Phoenix.

The wrong choice could cost not only her life, but her eternity...



My Review:

“Did you ever think we would be anything other than unbelievable?” 

I really liked this book. There were really great scenes, I only really got this book because I loved the cover and didn't know what the book was about at all, but I enjoyed it. I thought this was a great book and the writing was great. I was annoyed with Violet many times but I forgive her only because of why she did it. I am excited to get onto the next book in this series.

- Violet
As I said, I didn't really like Violet but now I love her. She is an exceptional main character and is smart and amazing. I cannot wait to see her journey in the next books.

- Lincoln I absolutely love Linc~ He is an amazing character and I feel that he deserves much more than her but if she is better in the next books I might reconsider that but I still feel that the perfect girl for him is me. Haha, no. I don't know how many times he had apologized and I was just begging for him to stop. I still am in love with his character and I am curious to see how their partnership is going to go through in the next book.

- Phoenix I did not like Phoenix. I just did not like him at all. I always had an iffy feeling about him, I didn't like him. Please do not come in the next book! Please, please, please!!

Overall, the story captivated me. I think the main reason I only gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 is because Violet was bratty the entire book! It was at the last few chapters that I began to love her. I am glad with the way this book ended and as I said many times throughout this review, I am anxious to see how this series continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment