Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - Book Review



















Title: Isla and the Happily Ever After
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publication: August 14, 2014 
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #3
Format: Ebook 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Summary:

Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last?  

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart. 

Featuring cameos from fan-favorites Anna, Étienne, Lola, and Cricket, this sweet and sexy story of true love—set against the stunning backdrops of New York City, Paris, and Barcelona—is a swoonworthy conclusion to Stephanie Perkins’s beloved series.

My Review:

“I smile up at him. "It's beautiful. But what comes next?" 
"The best part." And he pulls me back into his arms. "The happily ever after.”  

My rating for this book is 3 stars, at first I gave it 5 stars but that was because I had just finished reading the book and I was exaggerating with 5 stars. I was so ecstatic when I got this book from my library, the cover wasn't what I was expecting but it is still really nice. This one was sadly the least of my favorites from this series, Anna was the best, then it was Lola and now Isla. That would be the order I would have them in. I think my favorite part was near the ending but that isn't good because the part at the near end wasn't really focused on Isla, I was glad to see Anna and Lola and I loved seeing them all together. That was may favorite part but not because of Isla's role in that part but because of Anna and St. Clair but the ending was adorable nonetheless. 

- Isla
I found Isla annoying at times, overreacting to things in the worst way and seeing her just falling over this guy is a little depressing. I did like her character though, she was a nice mc but it was a little hard to concentrate because she did whine at many times and now that I look back at the book I am realizing all the flaws it had. I guess I was expecting so much I overlooked the bad parts and only focused on the good parts because Stephanie Perkin's is a great writer. Isla has to be my least favorite out of the three between her, Anna and Lola. She had high expectations for so many things that weren't just going to happen. 

- Josh
I have to admit that I loved Josh. I always love reading about artists but still, what did he expect when he gave her that book in the beginning of your ex? It was very predictable of what was going to happen after she read it but his shock was just too much. But all of his characteristics are just to die for. 

Overall, I thought the ending was amazing though, that was the cutest thing ever but the story dragged and was at such a slow pace. It felt as though nothing really happened through the book everything going on a short period of time. This was just unrealistic. Falling in "love" with someone over just a month? That is very unbelievable and honestly at least there was such realistic things going on in Anna and Lola's story, but where did it go? Things happened in the weirdest way. I am only really keeping this at 3 stars because I do believe it was adorable and it was a Stephanie Perkin's book so I finished the book pretty fast. I didn't like how this series ended, I really wish this book was a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment