Sunday, November 23, 2014

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Book Review



















Title: Opal
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publication: December 11, 2012 
Series: Lux #3 
Format: Ebook 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Summary:

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever. 

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

My Review:

“Oh, dear God and baby Jesus in the manger, my eyes!” Dee shrieked. “My eyes!” 
My own eyes snapped open. Daemon lifted his head, eyes luminous. Then I realized my hands were still up his shirt. I yanked them out. 
“Oh my God,” I whispered, mortified. 
Daemon said something that burned my ears. “Dee, you didn’t see anything.” And then he added much lower, “Because you have impeccable timing.” 
“You were on…her and your mouths were doing this.” I could just imagine her hand signals at that point. She went on. “And that’s more than I want to see. Like, ever.” 

I loved this book! There were so many great twists and plots and so many beautiful romantic scenes. I loved this book. I am glad this book started from where we left off in Onyx and I thought there was so much that had to go on and when the ending came and it was all in that one chapter I was on the edge of my seat. I seem to be blabbering s lot right now, but it is taking a lot to not type in what I'm feeling because right now I feel like this #@?!<#?@$*#!^&%?>?@$!?/!#@*!!. 

- Katy
I love Katy's character. There are lot of things to her and she is an amazing main character. She is by far my favorite main character in books, she needs to be able to look out for herself more though, she seems to walk in on a lot of things that can get her in danger. But she is amazing!

- Daemon
Oh, Daemon. I love Daemon so much. It pains me knowing guys like this are only in books and probably guys I would never meet in a lifetime. I love how much he cares for Katy and would do anything for her is just incredibly freaking sweet. He is such an amazing guy and hilarious. I love whenever he speaks; it is either funny, snarky, stupid or romantic and you can't help but love him. 

Overall, there were so many great characters in this book. I wish I could explain more how I felt towards this book but as I said words cannot describe #^&*>!/ I am excited to get onto book 4 and see how this series continues because this damn cliff hanger is bothering the hell out of me. I want more and I hear the next one is in Katy and Daemon's point of view!! You can already tell the next one is going to be great. The ending killed me, I cried on those last few pages. Believe me, the ending is going to break you and melt your heart!

2 comments:

  1. Trinity, I added you to a list of my favorite book blogs which you can see in my blog Enchanted by YA's side bar http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete